I am pleased that the feedback on Assignment 2 recognises my strengths in drawing and the work I have done to look critically at my own and other artists’ work.
I completely agree that the main areas I can look to incorporate into my practice are:
- exploring composition much more thoroughly before starting a piece through shifting perspectives, looking at tonal values, lighting, and relationships between objects.
- through this, moving away from having centrally focused compositions and explore negative space, tonal values and creating a sense of space and also flattening space.
- linking my research to my practice and taking research and my own reflections into future work
I will also:
- analyse Pierre Bonnard’s work to look at composition and shifting viewpoints
- read Old Mistresses: Women, Art and Ideology. Rozsika Parker, Griselda Pollock, IB Tauris Ltd (reprint 2013)
- put notes on my visit to “Flesh” at York Art Gallery on my blog