This is from “An Introduction to Studying in HE” a course from the OCA.
Reflection means thinking about :
- how the learning took place
- what you learned
- why you learned it
- how you might be able to use that lesson in the future
- what it means to you
Reflection can help you:
- understand your strengths and weaknesses
- identify and question your underlying values and beliefs
- acknowledge and challenge your assumptions
- recognise areas of potential bias
- acknowledge your fears
Reflective Writing checklist
- what did I do?
- how well did it go?
- what did I learn?
- What will I do differently next time?
- How will I do it differently next time?
- What have I achieved?
- How have I put theory into practice?
- How does what I’ve been doing lead me to become better at a skill?
- How can I use this to plan for the future?
- How can I use this to plan new learning experiences?
- What do I think/feel about this?